Monday, December 22, 2008

REFLECTION!!

Another year has come and gone and we are still reminded of his absence. Today would have been Brancen's friend's birthday and every year we go to his grave on his birthday, leave balloons, send a few to him in heaven, and sing him Happy Birthday. It's something my kids love to do. When ever the day comes around Brancen will remember and remind me. Kasen(his friend & his best friend's little brother) died a few years ago. When he die it hit Branc pretty hard because before then he didn't realize that little kids could die. He past away at the tender age of five and it still bring a tear to my eye every time I think of him. He was a feisty red headed little boy, who loved to ride his bike bare foot, of course and always had a smile for you. When ever it was time for Kaden to come home he would show up on our porch with those beautiful blue eyes and say, "Kaden has to come home now.", but half the time he would end up staying and playing with the boys or Kaylie. Today before we went to the grave Kaylie asked me, " Mom, I keep forgetting Kasen, will you tell me about him again? What did we use to play?" It took me a minute but I recovered and told her. She then looked at me so innocently and asked, " Why would Heavenly Father let him die?" It was hard but I told her that Heavenly Father loved him so much that he wanted him back home with him so He let him die. Today is one of those days that I'm so grateful for all that I have and don't want to complain not even when my kids won't stop fighting, or because my voice has decided to take an extended vacation or even when my dishwasher started to leak(yea, that really did happen today). I just want to hug my kids a little tighter and thank God for all that I have. I took some pictures and will post them later, when I get another minute. I hope everyone has a Happy Christmas!

1 comments:

jamie said...

Im wiping away tears! I hate those hard explanations to my kids, but at the same time, I feel very lucky that our faith has an explanation. I think you taking your kids and helping them understand it shows what a great Mom you are Jayne!
Merry Christmas!
we love you guys!